- World's first solar battery claimed to "run on light and air"
- Battery juices itself up using light
- MIT's flow battery could store solar and wind power on the cheap
- Liquid metal alloy electrode boosts potential of sodium-beta batteries
- Tesla gearing up for release of batteries for the home
- New type of rechargeable battery – just add water
The scientists that revealed the "world's first solar battery" last year are now, following some modifications, reporting its first significant performance milestone. The device essentially fits a battery and solar cell into the one package, and has now been tested against traditional lithium-iodine batteries, over which the researchers are claiming energy savings of 20 percent. .. Continue Reading World's first "aqueous solar flow battery" outperforms traditional lithium-iodine batteries Section: Science Tags: